I’ve mentioned the source control management system Git before as well as Jason McCreary’s excellent course. I recently came across some great information from Atlassian in regards to Git. Atlassian hosts a Github competitor called Bitbucket. One of Bitbucket’s great advantage is free hosting for unlimited private repositories.
Now onto the awesome tutorials from Atlassian:
- A fast Git tutorial to get you going: https://www.atlassian.com/git/tutorials/learn-git-with-bitbucket-cloud
- An excellent set of tutorials comparing different Git workflows: https://www.atlassian.com/git/tutorials/comparing-workflows
It’s that time of the year, the leaves are turning gold and falling in some places, and Costco has Christmas decorations for sale. It’s also the time of the year for non-profit pledge drives like Radiotopia – a purveyor of independent, thoughtful, and occasionally heart wrenching podcasts. I am a big fan of “99% invisible”, “The truth”, and “Trump Con Law”.
Consider that only 7 in 10,000 listeners are actual supporters of Radiotopia (and I would guess similar podcasts).
- If you’re a fan or a would be fan of Radiotopia check out Radiotopia’s Fall 2017 campaign.
- Alternatively, if you’ve ever used Wikipedia, then please consider donating to this fantastic resource.
The iPhone X’s animoji capability is like Snapchat’s face filters on steroids. Here are some best animoji karaoke videos that I’ve come across (I know it’s ridiculous, but this cracks me up when I imagine the faces of the people that are producing this – contorting their faces and lip syncing to create the animoji facial expressions):
- “Happy” by Pharrell Williams
- “Sugar” by Marron 5
- “Love Shack”
- “Bohemian Rhapsody” by Queen’s
- Smash Mouth’s “All Star”
- “Hooked on A Feeling” by Blue Swede
- Star Wars
Thoughts? Feedback? Let me know: @eli4d on Twitter